The team understands how intellectual property (“IP”) assets can best be created; protected and acquired or utilised to produce a competitive advantage. We advise and assist clients on:
• Protection and prosecution of IP rights (including patents, trademarks, design rights, copyrights, geographical indications, domain names, proprietary know-how and business processes)
• IP due-diligence and audits
• IP valuation
• IP acquisition and transfer and related agreements
• Drafting and negotiating license agreements, deeds, IP development agreements
• Due diligence (routinely uncovering issues in chain of title, encumbrances or obligations, enforcement, prosecution, deficiencies often left undetected),
• Representing before various authorities, courts and forums on issues pertaining to registration and protection of IP rights
The team has rendered services to several companies of Indian origin and multinationals, technology start-ups, consumer goods, defence, education, publishing – authors, mediahouses, artists, digital designers and website developers and media houses on issues pertaining to IP rights (registered and unregistered) including trade mark, copyright, designs, domain name registration, patent, licensing, and technology transfer matters, apart from management of overall IP portfolios.
We also provide prior art searches to international clients and draftsmen services. The firm has also handled matters pertaining to Trademark and Copyright infringement along with Patent registration and management.